Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Break @ Europa Park, Rust, Germany


Dad had to go to Stuttgart because they are repaving the runway here in Wiesbaden and he was nice enough to drive clear back for his promotion. He really wanted to just go into the commander's office and have it done, nice and quiet. I thought it would be nice for the kids to see this because it is a big deal. Dad's worked hard and sacrificed a lot. I am glad he went to the effort of making it a special time for the kids.



Dad didn't even come home afterwards. He drove straight back to Stuttgart. He was gone for almost two weeks. During this time he had some great missions. He got to go to Billinius, Lithuania; Kiev,Ukraine; Tblisi, Georgia; and Bucharest, Romania and he flew Congressman Tanner around.



The second week he was gone was the beginning of spring break for us and the kids wanted to do something. The first thing we did was offer to take the Both's kids from Friday to Monday night. That was really fun and it gave the parents a chance to go on a fun vacation. They went to Venice, Pisa and Tuscany. They had a wonderful time and we joked with them that they probably caused the earthquake that happened there on Monday.



For our part, we had a great time with the Both kids. They are really good children. We had fun with Ally's hair, either straightening it or playing with her curls. She put up with it but I don't think it was her favorite part of her stay. We also took the kids to the river to feed the swans and ducks. There is a great playground here in Ruedesheim near the river and we went there too.



Bobby Both has gotten really good on the piano. He taught Whitney the first part of Alla Turca and she is getting good at it.



After they left Monday night, we started planning our vacation.

Dad: My favorite part of the trip was watching the kids interact with the Barnhart family.
I also knew something was different about my two girls but couldn't put my finger on it until they told me that they had haircuts. One of the crazy things at the park was a witch on stilts. She was picking on the people and sticking her tongue out. She had a rubber chicken on a string that she would throw at unsuspecting passersby and then it would bounce back in her hand. She liked yelling and sticking her tongues out at people.

Jesse: On Wednesday I had to work but I was ready to go to Europa Park because I packed the day before. As soon as I was done, the family picked me up from work and we left right after work. We brought food with us because the hotel had a kitchen. There was a really nice man and he told us we could use the big kitchen and dining room downstairs as well. I liked the Silver Star roller coaster. I didn't have a favorite ride because I liked everything. I think James would hate the Blue Fire because it had a loop-de-loop. The funny thing about that ride is that it checks your pulse while you are riding. One ride I liked was the laser light time travel ride. I also liked the ice skating show with the clown. We also watched a 4-D movie that was really 3-D with some mist that sprayed us and the seats moved when the movie characters fell and a SNAKE was on the screen and we felt something on our legs. Everyone screamed. The most amazing thing that happened during spring break though was that it was getting really hot. Dad decided to cut Buster's hair. He looks FUNNY!

Richard: I liked seeing how much fun everyone was having. It was fun to be with the Barnharts and it was great when Dad showed up Friday for our last day there. My favorite ride was the Blue Fire. I was riding with Ben Barnhart and he had a blast. I also was allergic to something in the hotel room and spent the first night on the balcony because I was sneezing my brains out.

Whitney: I liked standing in line for the Blue Fire ;) A WHOLE HOUR AND A HALF! It was worth it because the Blue Fire was the best ride. Another part that was "interesting" was all of the people making out in line.........YUCK! I had my bangs cut at the hotel and it took Dad a long time to notice when he came. Dad also brought us some presents from his trip.

Lyndsay: We had to clean the house from top to bottom. It was very tiring. I felt as if I'd drop dead from my aching arms. One arm STILL aches. I was also getting really hot so I cut my long hair up over my shoulders. Something I liked was playing WHAT IF at the hotel. I also liked the beautiful gardens that surrounded the hotel.

Collin: I love Buster's soft and short fur now. It's so cute. My favorite rides in Europa Park was the Silver Star, the Blue Fire and the Poseidon. I guess you can say that I like roller coasters

2 comments:

Ariana said...

It sounds like you guys had so much fun! Don't forget to take a picture of Buster's new haircut. Cool picture, Jesse!

Melanni said...

Sounds like everyone had fun! That witch Dad talked about sounds silly(0: I liked how Richard said he "sneezed his brains out" the first night in the hotel...I think that's a Dad saying(0: Wish we could have been there! Is my family EVER moving back to states? I miss you guys!